1:53 PM

Who Plays the Watchmen? ...I Do!

The_End_is_NighLast weekend I was fresh out of the movie theatre having just finished watching the Watchman movie. I really enjoyed the film, and as I left the theatre I was hungry for more!  When I got home later that evening I downloaded the demo for Watchman: The End is Nigh, the first part in an episodic series of games that take place approximately 10-15 years before the events of the movie/book.  The game follows the adventures of two of the Watchman, Rorschach and Night Owl as they attempt to thwart the villainous Underboss who has recently escaped incarceration from the local prison.

watchmenend

I finally purchased the full game the other night and now I am a little over halfway through the game. While it has not received much critical acclaim or praise, I can say from my perspective that Watchman is an excellent beat-em-up that makes one feel empowered.  I am in Act IV in my current playthrough as Rorschach and if you have seen the movie you know he is total bad-ass, well if you want to relieve that bad-assery, Watchman delivers in spades. While the game starts you with a limited move set, it gradually builds you up, teaching you more cooler combos that once you see them you will be hooked into this game tight!  The look of this game is not only the best looking XBLA arcade games, but ranks up their with the 'Triple-A' titles in the Xbox 360 library!  Watchman also sports the best lock-pick mini game this side of the Splinter Cell series.  If you have a buddy nearby, local co-op is available so you can take down the bad guys together

good

As you can see I am really impressed by this title, but the knocks on it such as repetitive gameplay, and for me the constant stream of look-a-like villains are valid.  But these complaints are minor as when you are playing a game in this genre you should expect a certain amount of repetition.  For me, hitting those sweet combos never gets old.  Also, the cut scenes are done in the style of the recently released video-comic edition of the Watchman.  So if you were a fan of the original book, you will feel right at home here as well.  So if you are a gamer and are looking for more than videos to get your Watchman fix, I highly recommend The End is Nigh.  And as the first part in the episodic content, we should have some fresh Watchmen content for sometime to come.

PS. I hope in future episodes we will get to play as the Comedian!  He is such a bad guy!  Makes the Punisher look like Captain America.

Watchmen: The End is Nigh

-SG

Comments (2)

I'll pass until it's a deal of the week on XBL.

Ill just pass on it, thank you.....

Post a Comment